Working from home means bending over a laptop for hours on end, and we may start seeing increasing numbers of muscular-skeletal issues. Pilates expert Helen McDonald offers your staff valuable videos and webinars on back care.
- To implement a lasting legacy of effective healthy posture correction techniques to adopt while working at a desk.
- To bring awareness to the importance of back and joint care for the long term to all employees.
- To instil a long term programme for employees which can be accessed at any time.
‘An Introduction to Back Care’ Webinar
One hour presentation with active participation to include:
- Brief understanding of the importance of postural health…why is this important to me at work? What are the dangers of long term sitting?
- Practical demonstration on workplace set up and being ergo-friendly at your desk. Practical tips to use whilst at your desk using props such as Pilates balls, stability ball, the ‘Sit-fit’ and lumbar supports.
- Understanding the potential mechanical issues which may develop and affect work life and in turn personal life and ways to avoid this in the long term. For example, Arthritis, sciatica, RSI, Hip flexor pathology, disc pathology. Can I avoid this?
Staff video programme
The opportunity for all employees to actively participate in a video programme for 5 days. The course has been designed to take place and be experienced over 5 working days, 3x day: morning, lunchtime and afternoon.
- Promote an understanding of the natural spine position, learn about neutral spine; know and feel neutral spine as an effective and effortless position to adopt as often as possible. (Demo with the ‘Sit-fit’ to assist with this)
- Promote an understanding of the important muscular connections to get the best out of the posture course, i.e. deep core muscles, upper spine extensors, glutes, quads, triceps, etc.
- Teach the benefits of doing the course, increase joint mobility, better spine flexibility, increase blood flow around the body, breathe more effectively, increase more space for the organs to function better, increase bone density and health, feel calmer and happier, decrease stress levels.